Open to all UG, PG students and academics, these workshops are designed to give all poetry enthusiasts the opportunity to read together and share poems and ideas informally. The only requirement to attend is to bring a poem, published or not, either written by you or by someone else.
It will be the opportunity for participants:
- to read and discuss poetry from a range of literary traditions and languages
- to experiment with and discuss writing poetry in a first, a second or third language
- to share ideas from a transcultural perspective about the place of poetry and creative writing more broadly in Modern Languages as a discipline
- to engage with the notion of ‘poetics’ understood as ‘method’ from Aristotle to now
- to discuss creative writing as research
If you would like to join or to receive further information, please contact Dr David Evans ([email protected]) or Dr Elodie Laügt ([email protected])